Minor cosmetic problems do not need to cause major issues for your smile. With dental veneers from Mint 32 Dentistry in Alpharetta, GA, there are many ways that you can get the smile of your dreams.
What are Dental Veneers?
With dental veneers, we work with a lot of the best dental labs in the US. Our process is very efficient, which makes it easy for the patient. We spend a lot of time getting to know what the patient's desires are, and what they desire at the end. We're able to minimize the number of visits for the patient to have veneers placed.
We have traditional dental veneers which are typically used in patients who may have a little less ideal situation, either extensive restorations in the past, or breakdown, or mal-positioned teeth, extremely dark teeth, things of that nature. For those individuals, we would use a more traditional approach to a veneer cosmetic treatment.
For patients who are looking for a more conservative approach, we do offer minimally invasive veneers. This allows us to place veneers that are extremely thin. The benefit is that we have to take away very little tooth structure. This service is available to patients who may have gaps between the teeth, very mild position issues, and maybe they're just wanting to brighten the color of their teeth a good bit. It allows them to achieve a more aesthetic result in a long-lasting porcelain, but with very little preparation of the teeth. Very minimal.
In a matter of four to eight weeks, to go from where they were to having the smile of their dreams just with the veneers, it's pretty emotional for many of them. The first time they sit up in the chair after the veneers have been placed, and look in that mirror, they see a whole new person. It's the person that they've always seen, or wanted to see, and that's a very emotionally strong impact on them.
Yes, it's not uncommon for a patient, after they've wanted something for so long and once they've gotten it, to tear up or just be very grateful for what they've been able to receive.
Dental veneers are thin coverings that are individually bonded to the front side of your teeth. They act a lot like fingernails for your teeth. The veneers we use are made out of a dental ceramic that is thinner than traditional ceramic dental veneers. This allows for a less invasive placement procedure. When you have a veneer placed on a tooth, a small amount of enamel is removed so the veneer doesn’t stick out farther than the rest of your teeth. This removal also prepares the surface of your tooth to accept the bonding.
At Mint 32 Dentistry in Alpharetta, GA, Dr. Morton will remove the required amount of enamel and then take an impression of your teeth. This impression will be used to make your ceramic restorations. You will come back to have the veneers placed on your teeth and will walk out with a new smile! We can even show you a smile preview before your treatment begins.
Common Cosmetic Problems and Possible Veneer Solutions
Dental veneers are ideal for correcting minor cosmetic dental problems that other methods are not able to address. Some of those problems are:
- Chips – Chipped teeth distract from your smile. Dental bonding is one way to correct this type of cosmetic problem, but bonding may not last very long. If you want a more durable fix that will restore the look and function of your tooth, dental veneers are the solution for you.
- Cracks – If you have a severely cracked tooth, a dental crown may be the best solution. For less severe cracks, dental veneers are able to restore the look of your tooth by covering the crack and also protect your tooth from further damage by bonding to and supporting its structure.
- Deep Stains – Many dental stains can be corrected using teeth whitening, but there are some stains that are too deep for even professional whitening treatments. These stains are often caused by disease or the medications used to treat them. For this type of deep dental staining, veneers are a wonderful option. They can completely cover the unsightly color of your teeth and return your smile to its full beauty.
- Misshapen Teeth – When you have a tooth that is not the shape it should be, there is no orthodontic method that will be effective in fixing it. Your only options are to live with it or cover it. If you choose to cover it, a dental veneer is an effective option that will correct your oddly shaped tooth and blend in well with the rest of your smile.
- Gaps – Orthodontic options are available to help close gaps in your smile. But why pay thousands of dollars and spend months or years using these aligning methods when Dr. Morton can eliminate small gaps quickly and easily with dental veneers?
- BEFORE AND AFTERSeeing is believing, and that is even more true when talking about your smile. You can let us tell you how great we are at what we do, but you won’t truly know until you see the results of our work. That is why we have this smile gallery — real ... VIEW OUR SMILE GALLERY